A Lancashire resident has been refused permission to take court action against the Communities’ Secretary, Sajid Javid, over Cuadrilla’s second Lancashire shale gas site at Roseacre Wood.

Jules Burton, who lives 500m from the site, heard this morning that his challenge had been blocked by the Honourable Mr Justice Dove. This is the High Court judge who on Wednesday dismissed two local challenges against Mr Javid over the Preston New Road fracking site. (Breaking newsdetails and the judge’s ruling)

Mr Burton said he was astonished by today’s news. He described the ruling as “not merely questionable but worrying in the extreme”.

He said it had “rendered the democratic decision process to nothing more than window dressing”.

READ FULL REPORT

Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.