You can help by taking the following actions:
Respond to the Environmental Permit change application for PNR.
The consultation is due to close on 13th August 2019 – all the papers can be found by following this link
The main features of the change are:
• Use of nitrogen lift
PR4 3PJ Cuadrilla Bowland Limited
Submissions need to be received by 13th August 2019
This is an application for Cuadrilla to vary their Environmental Permit.
We have identified the following key areas of concern. You could refer to all or just a couple if you feel it appropriate. Feedback need not be long but does need to refer to specifics of the document rather than just a general concern about fracking.
- The levels of benzene being discharged- Cuadrilla have assumed a discharge rate of O.O38 grams per second. The air quality assessment has been based on cold venting for a month. This equates to 100 kilos of benzene in a month. Benzene may be carcinogenic (cancer causing), may cause genetic defects and is toxic to aquatic life.
- There is no limit on the quantity of methane Cuadrilla are seeking to cold vent.
- Their air quality assessment does not cover methane Emmissions.
- Methane is 28 times more potent a greenhouse gas than CO2.
- There’s no estimate of the quantity of methane they will cold vent, therefore there is no basis for their BAT assesment (Best Available Technique)
- Nitrogen lifting is allegedly a routine operation therefore it should have been foreseeable to both Cuadrilla and the Environment Agency that the installed flare stacks could not burn the emmissions from the well.
- The methane reduction systems are wrongly specified because they cannot burn the full range of emissions from the well.
- Caudrilla insist the nitrogen lifting gas is not combustible and therefore they must be allowed to cold vent, but this is a result of the size of the installed flare stacks father than the intrinsic properties of the gas mix being vented.
Ask your MP to demand the publication of the suppressed “Implementation Unit Report on Shale Gas”
The Daily Telegraph revealed on 11 February that the government has suppressed a report which forecasts a dismal future for fracking in the UK, while government ministers have continued to quote reports which now appear to be hugely exaggerated.
Please write to your MP demanding that he or she insists on the immediate publication of this report.
See “Contact your local political representatives” below for details of how to contact your MP.
Sign this petition
“Make Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking) illegal in the UK”
… we all get petition fatigue but this one is important so please sign and share!
And this petition too!
“Support Kirby Misperton Protection Camp”
… this one is in response to the astroturfers’ cynical attempt to use 38 Degrees against fracking protest – they really do need teaching a lesson so please sign and share 🙂
Contact your local press
…if you are not happy with their coverage of the fracking debate. The more letters they receive from locals the sooner they will realise that their commercial interest lies as much with those who buy their papers as those who advertise in them. Details below:
If you have any further contact details we should add here please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your local political representatives
…to let them know your feelings about fracking and to influence their position on fracking.
You can find instructions on how to find your representatives and contact them very easily on this page.
Join A Group
For a list of your groups please follow this link
Come and meet us
Come to Maple Farm for Solidarity Saturdays. It’s an easy way to come and find out more about Frack Free Lancashire and you will be made very welcome. They are at Maple Farm, Preston New Road, Lancashire, FY4 5RN between 10 a.m and 2 p.m.